COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
BRC collects information from users through several points on our Sites, such as making a donation through our direct mail program, at an event or online, volunteering, or signing up to receive email updates. The types of data collected by BRC will vary with your particular use of our Sites or your donation activity. Some examples of the types of Personal Information BRC may collect through our Sites include:
- Contact Information: BRC may ask for you to provide your contact information including your name, email address, physical address and telephone number.
- Demographic and Survey Information: BRC may collect demographic and survey information including educational, professional and geographic information.
- Financial Information: BRC may collect credit or debit card information. Personal financial information in the form of a credit card number and expiration date are only collected if a user wishes to make an online donation through BRC online. This information is not stored or maintained by BRC when entered online. All online transactions are protected and securely transmitted using SSL, the most current encryption protocols/algorithms such as TLS/SSL.
- Technical Information: BRC may also collect Internet Protocol (IP) addresses or a unique identifier for a mobile device from users of BRC’s Sites as well as the date and time of access and the pages accessed and links clicked.
USE OF INFORMATION
Contact Information: We may use Contact Information to contact you about programs, services, announcements or fundraising efforts in connection, or affiliated, with BRC. We will not sell or rent your Contact Information, or share it with any third party unaffiliated with BRC. Your Contact Information will not be shared with affiliates and other third parties with whom BRC is collaborating with, such as organizations engaged in similar services as BRC or partners.
Demographic and Survey Information: BRC may use demographic information for marketing and management purposes in order to continue to provide or improve the Sites. In addition, BRC may share aggregated survey results and aggregated demographic data (which will not identify any particular user) collected through the Sites with its vendors, business partners, the general public, the news media, and with the U.S., state and city governments.
Financial Information: BRC will use financial information to facilitate a donation or other transactions.
Technical Information: BRC may use technical information, such as your IP address or browser type, to help diagnose problems with BRC’s servers, analyze Sites usage trends, track user movements on the Sites, and to otherwise improve, manage and monitor the Sites.
OPT-IN AND OPT-OUT PROCESS
If at any time in the future we plan to use any Contact Information in a way that differs from this policy, we will post such changes here and provide you the opportunity to "opt-out" of such differing uses. Your continued use of our Sites following the posting of any changes to this policy means you accept such changes.
We recognize that you may wish to limit the ways in which we contact you and we offer the following options:
- Do not contact me by telephone
- Do not contact me by mail
- Do not contact me by e-mail
- Do not contact me with fundraising requests supporting the Bowery Residents’ Committee
- Limit fundraising appeals to semi-annual solicitations only
- Do not contact me or share my information with anyone
If you would like to opt out or limit our contacts with you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you contact us with an opt-out request, all reasonable efforts will be taken to ensure that you will not receive any of the selected communications from us in the future.
Changes to policy: Subject to the "Opt-In and Opt-Out Process" above, we reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions from this policy at any time.
Security: BRC goes to great lengths to protect the confidentiality and integrity of any personal information you share with us on the web.
BRC treats personal data such as credit card numbers as critical assets that must be guarded at all times against loss and unauthorized access, online and off-line. This is accomplished through industry-standard computer security methods, encryption techniques and strict internal administrative processes that limit the number of BRC employees who have access to Personal Information.
Children: Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information on our website from those we actually know are under the age of 13.
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) protects the Personal Information of children under the age of 13. This applies to individually identifiable Personal Information about a child that is collected online, such as full name, home address, email address, telephone number or any other information that would allow someone to identify or contact the child. The Act and the COPPA Rule also cover other types of information—for example, hobbies, interests and information collected through cookies or other types of tracking mechanisms—when they are tied to individually identifiable information. It is important for you to understand this law; we encourage you to read more about COPPA.
Other Web Sites: Our Sites may contain links to, or may frame, other web sites not maintained by BRC. Other sites may also reference or link to our Sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our Sites or view framed web sites and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that you visit. We are not responsible for the information collection, privacy practices or content of such other sites.
Web site Terms and Conditions: Use of our Sites is governed by the provisions contained in the Terms and Conditions. Your use, or access, of the Sites constitutes your agreement to be bound by these provisions.
Contact: For questions or concerns relating to privacy, we can be contacted at email@example.com.