BRC – New York City’s largest nonprofit organization providing caring and effective services and housing to homeless and vulnerable New Yorkers – is seeking motivated and community-minded students to join its Impact Scholar program.
BRC’s Impact Scholar program is a full-day of service learning, where students - we call Impact Scholars - will receive a thorough introduction on homelessness, innovation, and how help build a more compassionate New York City by making an impact on the lives of people in need.
What to expect from BRC’s Impact Scholar Program:
- Full-day or custom curriculum which can be applied to service learning requirements
- Presentation and conversation with a member of BRC’s executive leadership to learn about the causes and impact of homelessness
- Guided tour of BRC programs
- Custom “BRC Volunteer” t-shirt
- Certificate of Completion
To learn more about the BRC Impact Scholar program and how to apply, contact you Rick Akin, Director of Volunteer Services, at email@example.com.
See below to download the program flyer, educator outreach flyer, a sample program agenda, and the student application and permission form.