Thank you for thinking of BRC and those we serve.
When you host a drive, you help BRC to serve thousands of New Yorkers, providing them with the essential items they desperately need. Based on our client needs, below are our recommendations:
Toiletries (preferably packaged together for individual distribution, and all items must be new and in original packaging)
- Whole bars of soap
- Hand and body Lotion
- Disposable razors (no straight razors)
- Shave cream and gel
- Feminine hygiene products
- (No mouthwash please)
Small Apparel (Adult Sizes L/XL/XXL/XXXL) (All items must be new and in original packaging)
- Winter hats
- Ear warmers/ear bands
- Slippers (both shower and walking)
Other Apparel (new or slightly used, used items must be laundered prior to donating)
- New or lightly used suits and work clothes
- We accept a very limited amount of winter coats – please discuss with BRC prior to donation
Special “Gifts” (New only)
- Gift Certificates for movies, restaurants (no more than $20 per card)
- When planning item goals for your drive, please be aware we try to distribute goods to all participants of the receiving program. The number of participants vary but range from 30-200 individuals. Please discuss with BRC your expectations so we can plan distribution accordingly.
- BRC cannot arrange pickup of items. All donated items must be organized to the best of your ability (recommended groupings above), and delivered in boxes, etc, capable of transport. Loose items or items in insecure packaging (broken bags, etc.) cannot be accepted.
For questions or more information, please contact Miguel Guadalupe, Director of Donor Relations, at email@example.com or 212-803-5739.